Job Title: Automation Engineer
Reports To: Automation Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Are you looking for a role where you are challenged and can design and develop innovative solutions for our clients? Are you looking for a collaborative, family-friendly work environment?
You’ll do important work when you part of the team at Suburban Enterprises. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that supports and empowers your career and your development.
If you are ready to join a team where you’re more than just a number, Suburban Enterprises may have the perfect role for you! As an Automation Engineer, you will play an important role in designing, programming, testing, and troubleshooting drive systems, PLCs, and HMIs. Our clients come to us to provide customized industrial solutions that improve their overall operational efficiency and plant safety. At Suburban Automation, we help bridge the gap between automation and innovation for all our clients.
Our expectations are high, the compensation package is generous, our culture is best in class, and we prioritize taking care of our team members, customers, and clients.
Here are some of the amazing perks of being a part of Suburban Enterprises:
- Potential great pay and pay incentives
- Attractive time off schedule
- Benefits that have not increased premiums in 3 years
- Job security
- You get to be part owner of Suburban
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Create estimates and proposals for customer projects.
- Create a bill of materials (BOM) for projects.
- Create electrical schematics and drawings using AutoCAD.
- Program, test, and troubleshoot a variety of automation control systems that include AC & DC drives, PLCs, and HMIs.
- Support both customers and department technicians with technical issues.
- Manage and lead projects.
- Mentor and train technicians.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field including electrical engineering and/or electrical engineering technology or equivalent education and/or experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience in electrical, or control system design required.
Qualities and Characteristics: Integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, honesty, emotional maturity, strong work ethic, conscientious, high internal emotional need to succeed, proactive, independent, self-directed, and self-motivated (low maintenance), organized, strong follow and follow-up skills, articulate (a good writer/communicator), detail-oriented, and high personal standard of excellence.