· Drive sales through the growth of new clients.
· Generate new business opportunities.
· Develop new relationships within the commercial construction community.
· Ability to perform all aspects of selling/closing a project.
· Complete documents on time, such as: , customer proposals, change orders, weekly call reports.
· Ensure all are consistent.
· Ensures all construction bids are accurate by utilizing Construction Proposal Templates.
· Achieve/exceed targeted dashboard metrics within a specified territory.
· Familiar with architectural specifications and construction design elements.
· Generate new sales opportunities by cold calling, networking and client/associate referrals.
· Attend trade shows to represent the organization and engage in other .
· Maintain acceptable profit margins.
· Responsible for the solicitation of project documents and information.
· Follow up on all outstanding RFP’s and estimates with clients.
· Maintain sales quota for each quarter and year as provided.
· Maintain contact with accounts at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
· Set goals and objectives, develop sales plans, establish call plans and strategies, develop account profiles, and execute the plan.
· Be a subject matter expert in the solutions and services offered by Suburban Enterprises.
· Collaborate with strategic partners, inside and outside of Suburban Enterprises, in solutions development as it relates services and programs sold.
· Collaborate with all divisions to identify and respond to new business opportunities.
· Gain deep understanding of customer’s business, wants and needs, and speak their language; develop loyalty, trust, and commitment.
· Participates in relevant industry groups, organizations, business journals, government regulation, and trade shows to stay abreast of market insights and help expose higher thinking and competitive advantage.
· Prepares and facilitates presentations to diverse audiences, including owners, C-level, general contractors, engineers and architects, adapting to personality differences and various levels of technical comprehension.
· Responsible for negotiating contracts and terms with client including credit terms and assists with collections.
· Self-aware, recognizes his/her strengths and development needs.
· Owns and maintains career path to reach your highest potential.
· Self-motivated lifelong learner; likes to experience new things; asks a lot of questions, always learning to achieve their highest potential.
· Aware of surroundings (trip hazards, office machinery, etc.).
· Support of field safety initiatives.
· Demonstrates a commitment to zero accidents and every accident is preventable through training, risk prevention, and continuous improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
· 5+ years of experience in sales and business development.
· Strategic mindset.
· Strong hunter mentality with a proven track record of developing new customers, new markets, and/or selling new services.
· Must have soft sell and assertiveness needed to generate effective prospect meetings.
· Negotiation skills.
· A history of exceeding sales targets.
· Ability to network inside an organization to establish relationships with, and influence key decision makers and gate keepers.
· Strong communication, organization, time management and analytical skills.
· Persistent, self-motivated, and self-assured style.
· Able to make professional and compelling presentations; communicate effectively with large and small audiences.
· Proven ability to win and grow accounts of strategic importance.
· Desire and capability to effectively cold call prospects.
· Possesses a high awareness of risk and ability to devise mitigation plans.
· Maintain professional appearance and conduct.
· Be coachable.
· Be a team player.
· Existing portfolio that’s willing to follow to Suburban Enterprises.
· Experience working with sales tools and technology.
· First-hand experience with CRM systems.
· Experience in the Electrical, Technology, Automation, or Engineering field.
· Sales Management experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a regular office environment.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The team member may be exposed to a construction site environment with medium noise level and uneven terrain. At times, the team member is required to wear safety shoes, glasses, a hard hat and other safety equipment when appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The team member could occasionally be required to lift and/or move at least 25 pounds. – if lifting 50 pounds you must seek assistance.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)