Job Title: Apprentice Electrician
Reports to: Training and Development Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Suburban Enterprises is currently seeking an Apprentice Electrician to join our team. This position allows the team members to grow their careers as electricians through a five-year apprenticeship. The candidate will learn about the electrical industry, safety standards, and construction methods. The ideal candidate must learn basic installations and circuitry, pipe bending, blueprint reading, and materials.
Our expectations are high, the compensation package is generous, our culture is best in class, and we prioritize taking care of our team members, customers, and clients.
Here are some of the amazing perks of being a part of Suburban Enterprises:
- Potential great pay and pay incentives
- Attractive time off schedule
- Benefits that have not increased premiums in 3 years
- Job security
- You get to be part owner of Suburban
What you’ll be doing:
- Assists in the installation of all electrical equipment and material per the specific project’s requirements, under the direction of the Project Foreman.
- Actively participates in reviewing plans, specifications, and project documentation
- Can navigate a blueprint
- Can complete portions of small projects
- Work branch circuits
- Pull some wire
- Pull some feeds
- Ability to safely operate any tool required to complete the assigned task:
- Smart bender, etc.
- Well-versed in all hand bending
- Knows fire ratings, plenum ratings
- Responsible to know or seek out answers to construction method questions when not previously experienced
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Must be currently enrolled in a Department of Labor (DOL) accredited Apprenticeship Program
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a vehicle and insurance
- Good troubleshooting and communication skills
- To stand for at least eight to ten hours per day
- To walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and work overhead
- Must frequently lift and/or move at least 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required
Qualities and Characteristics: Integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, honesty, emotional maturity, strong work ethic, conscientious, high internal emotional need to succeed, proactive, independent, self-directed, and self-motivated (low maintenance), organized, strong follow and follow-up skills, articulate (a good writer/communicator), detail-oriented, and high personal standard of excellence.