· Actively seeks materials, tools, and techniques that provide an advantage over competitors during the design, bid, and/or construction phases.
· Focused on mastering current estimating processes and software, while looking for ways to improve estimating efficiency and accuracy.
· Ability to estimate anything from small service work, service contract, or project work.
· Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates with a high level of accuracy.
· Maintain detailed files of working documentation to support estimates.
· Attends site visits for proposed projects; takes accurate notes such as ceiling height, level of difficulty, distances and overall conditions which affect installation and bid take-off.
· Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed, and calm manner
· Provides estimates to internal (co-workers) and external clients within the time frames they specify, in a friendly and professional manner.
· Present detailed information to our operations team during internal hand off meetings.
· Correspond with architects, engineers, owner’s reps, etc. to obtain missing information.
· Assists fellow estimators in client proposal and presentation preparation, may participate in owner/GC presentations.
· Work consistently within estimating process; calendar invite, bid checklist, pre-bid meeting, estimate production, proposal methodology, bid review, delivery, and CRM tracking.
· Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work.
· Coordinate design / build projects with Engineering Department, as necessary. Design electrical systems or assist in design as necessary.
· Updates Cosential opportunities with accurate estimating information.
· Verify state code compliance for all Suburban Enterprises work.
· Stays current on NEC and building codes.
· Participates in new product demonstrations and envisions potential applications for our clients.
· Provide accurate cost estimates and associated reports for management purposes such as planning, organizing, scheduling, and forecasting.
· Work alongside other estimators, project managers on change-orders and cost-to-complete estimates of on-going projects.
· Demonstrated successful estimates for both service and installation work.
· Self-aware, recognizes his/her strengths and development needs.
· Owns and maintains career path to reach your highest potential.
· Self-motivated lifelong learner; likes to experience new things; asks a lot of questions, always learning to achieve their highest potential.
· Aware of surroundings (trip hazards, office machinery, etc.)
· Support of field safety initiatives
· Demonstrates a commitment to zero accidents and every accident is preventable through training, risk prevention, and continuous improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· 3 years of related low voltage construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Construction knowledge.
· Knowledge of code and municipal permitting and licensing requirements.
· Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and confidentiality.
· Ability to consistently track and record his/her own work.
· Must possess the ability to work within scheduled deadlines.
· Tactful in their dealings with people using good client service and interpersonal skills, communicating effectively with co-workers and managers.
· Strong computer proficiency and trouble-shooting skills, especially with Microsoft Office programs, the Internet and estimating software.
· Knowledge of costs associated with actions performed within their position.
· Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
· Willing to explain, guide and train as opportunities arise.
· The ability to work overtime on occasion may be necessary.
· Able to adapt to changing schedules with short notice.
· Become familiar with Suburban’s product offerings.
· Technical Industry Certifications (NICET, BICSI)
· 1-3 years of technical field experience.
· Low voltage estimating ability.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to a regular office environment.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The team member may be exposed to a construction site environment with medium noise level and uneven terrain. At times, the team member is required to wear safety shoes, glasses, hard hat and other safety equipment when appropriate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The team member could occasionally be required to lift and/or move at least 25 pounds. – if lifting 50 pounds you must seek assistance.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our Culture. Safety, core values, teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement. This is our culture. This is how we work together. This is how we do business.
Your Career. You have a career here at Suburban. Not just a job. We want you to reach your highest potential. You decide what that is.
Our Commitment. To your financial health and well-being. This starts with the Great Game of Business, the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), bonus plan, increased income potential, and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)